Hey, I'm Nick. 👋
I'm currently a senior software engineer at Shopify. I write broadly about what I learn and observe about technology, living a meaningful life, and communicating well.
If you're new here and not sure where to start, I recommend reading something recent below or browsing by topic.
Update - a new home for new posts: From April 2022, I will be publishing exclusively through my newsletter. I laid out my reason in the first dispatch - scroll to "finding my tribe."
- Please stop saying feedback is a gift
- Why I removed dates from my blog post URLs
- Your remote meeting superpower
- Engineers not developers
- My 2021 Annual Review
- Write quicker tests with console.assert and blocks
- What the duck is Duck Typing?
- How URL shorteners generate 3 trillion unique URLs with just 7 characters
- Counting up in Binary
- What is a cache? What is an example use case?